Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Do You LOL?


I raised a bunch of wise guys. Taught them everything I knew. A good joke was in the delivery and perfect timing. They called me corny but developed a strong sense of humor. We fight with funny. Last week I was bone tired from work and someone called me grouchy so I hid downstairs to write. This lovely picture appeared as the screen saver! How can anyone stay mad for long? I laughed and was very impressed with the timing.
I remember once planning a brilliant April Fool's joke. We were going to make my husband's alarm go off every night for one week at 3:15 a.m. That's the time of ghosts and aliens. We had a ladder set and ready outside against the upstairs bathroom because we knew he'd have to use it after being woke up. Then, someone was going to wear an alien rubber mask and knock on the window. Something kept delaying our evil plan until one night, my oldest son came home from firefighting classes, dressed in full gear. He ran up the stairs, two at a time and bolted into his dad's bedroom, to wake him up and share his joy. (With fire fighting head gear, you sound like Darth Vadar.) I don't know if it was the sound of his screams or the way he ran downstairs like a headless chicken that made us laugh until we could die.

What makes you laugh? Do you laugh? People have healed cancer with laughter and it has been noted that a laugh contains every musical tone. It lowers blood pressure and improves depression. Some people have even lost weight with laughter.

A good belly laugh will connect you with others stronger than anger. Your day depends on the way the corners of your mouth turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment