Monday, February 1, 2010

In Memory of Spencer Meyer

He was the first dance, the first heart break and the reason my daughter started wearing make-up. He was her everything but he was in love with Rachel. I used to watch him walk home from school, blond and scrawny, wondering what she saw in him, but mostly wondered what he didn't see in my daughter.Love truly is in the eye of the beholder so I listened patiently to her heart woes in between dinner and homework. Just like a tornado that comes and goes, he took his charisma to another school and another state.
  Tonight I found his picture in the newspaper and we are mourning the sudden passing of his short life.
The typed words do not explain his death. I didn't recognize his twenty one year old face, only the twinkle in his smile and I clearly see what my daughter saw in him. Many tears were cried for you Spencer Meyer and many lessons learned, thankyou. Happy Heaven!

2 comments:

  1. That is too sad, Sandy. What a touching story you wrote about him. What a great loss to his family and to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet memory of Spencer. Many tears were indeed shed and continue to be shed at this tragic loss.

    ReplyDelete