Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Surprise

 What the heck happened to me? I followed the advice of a smart lady who knew I had a large family and wanted a happy marriage. She said, "get yourself a good girlfriend!" Six of them meet me once a month for lunch. We've known each other since junior high days, some from second grade. Yesterday was that day, a Sunday, the day I wish Romeo would get off the sports couch and take an outing with me. I know I was mad when I left the house, but these friends gave me amnesia and helped erase the world. When I stopped at Whole Foods to get a carrot drink after our carbo load lunch, it struck me odd that so many people were carrying roses. Was there a sale?
  Surprise surprise there were twelve red roses and my usual big red heart full of chocolates in the house. I completely forgot about Valentine's day! It was a day early for me because my Romeo is out of town today. He looked as confused as I was, probably wondering where I had put my grouchiness.

 Thank you girlfriends! You are the best. Happy Valentines Day to all.

1 comment:

  1. Awww those girls are awesome and so is Pepe!

    ReplyDelete