Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Feeling the Miracles

 How many what the hecks! are in a day? (sorry English teachers) My dream told me I had five miracles yesterday. What the heck! If they show up as people, then yes, I did. If they show up as hard rain before my road trip this week and I don't have anyone to water my flowers, then yes, miracle. The trip was delayed by one day which means I can still take my pre-paid cooking class at Whole Foods tonight, sweet!

  Are miracles supposed to be big like winning the lottery before claiming bankruptcy? Or walking after being in a coma for years? That's probably why we go through the day without noticing the little ones. Last night, my dad was telling the story about the time he and my brother in law were roofing the house on the hottest day of summer one year. This was a Sunday and at the time in our town when the liquor stores were closed. They both commented on how good an ice cold beer would taste right about now. There was a truck driving on his street and something fell out the back. They kept working on the roof and saw two kids walk over to the package and placed it off the road and on the sidewalk. Curiosity crept in so they opened the container and found it full of tall (glass even!) long necked bottles of iced beer. None of the bottles were broken. Have to say, that was probably a big one.

   Before writing this story, my mind was firing too quickly. There was pain in my head, sinuses and left temple. Road trip with my parents? Slow drive to China? I eat little meals of greens, nuts and fruits. They like three square meals a day starting with sausage and eggs but I love them. I wouldn't be here without them. How many more years do I have with them as their daughter? Help! I need a sign, I need music! The computer has a different idea. It says, "Jim! He's dead" and then starts to slowly shut down my Dr. Sha video I am watching. What the heck! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eopCkaIYfcg&feature=youtu.be I feel a miracle coming, try not to judge, try not to judge. The computer restarts. There is Dr. Sha again but he has company. Ashana is here too singing! http://www.ashanamusic.com/music.html together. It's so funny. I am in silent gratitude of this miracle. Different sounds speaking the same language. My body resonates with goose bumps, washing my worries. There is no pain in my head, all has been lifted. Flow has been restored.

  So what is your miracle for today? I hope you have fun noticing them because they are everywhere.





 

 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment