Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wynonna...darling

                       
                    "Oh the wheel in the sky keeps on turnin', I don't know where I'll be tomorrow." 
                                                                                              ~Journey~

   Wynonna Darling sat most of the afternoon on the second floor of the assisted living for seniors apartment building. She had once been a beautiful woman I thought, with lime green eyes and white hair. Her arms were strangely younger than her body. In five minutes, I learned that her husband was once the owner of an appliance store on Main Street in a small Kansas farming town. He did very well because he was the only one brave enough to open such a store but worked hard his entire life and had died two years ago. "Do you have far to travel?" she asked but before I could answer, she started the conversation over again almost word for word. Where did her tomorrow's go? Yesterday was no longer hers but her mind claimed it anyway. I do that, repeat stories. Oh no! 

      "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have." ~Eckhart Tolle~
  

3 comments:

  1. I see myself repeating things more often, I see myself repeating things more often...
    My favorite book is by Eckhart Tolle...A New Earth. For me, it was life changing. Good story Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, you keep me laughing! Love Eckhart's book too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That woman truly was living in the moment, the same moment over and over. I hope she can remember the lovely days of the past. I love your stories.

    The heart photograph is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete